Updated: Aug 5, 2022
Every July the movement Plastic Free July encourages us to make changes to how we consume, use and recycle plastic. This July we are challenging you to go plastic free with your picnics.
To get started these are some easy ways to remove plastic from you picnics:
· Don’t use plastic straws
· Take your drinks in re-usable water bottles
· Take a flask for your tea and coffee
· cut out the plastic cutlery, and use the metal cutlery from the drawer
· choose loose fruit and veg to avoid the plastic packaging
· Use reusable containers for your snacks
· Make Bees Wax Wraps for your sandwiches
And take one of the Green Hive Fabric Tote Bags to carry it all in and take your rubbish home.
Next steps would be buying in bulk for your picnics so that you can save on packaging and it means you’ll be ready to go when the weather’s fine too.
How could you take part in Plastic Free July this year?